College Hill Moravian Church is always looking for ways to live out Christ’s love by caring for and standing alongside of our local and international neighbors. Here are some of the ways College Hill is doing that today:
- Through this program, North American Moravian churches help provide for the basic needs of the children in the Sikonge region of Tanzania, Africa, who have lost one or both parents to the AIDS epidemic. All proceeds collected by College Hill Moravian Church supports the children in two adopted villages.
Bethlehem Area Moravians
- College Hill is a member church of the Bethlehem Area Moravians, whose ministries include providing affordable, low-cost housing to many local seniors.
Common Ministries of the Moravian Church
- Interprovincial Board of World Mission – offers transformational ministry around the world.
- Antioch Project – empowers youth in mission.
- Global Partnerships – empowerment and partnership with indigenous work among other Moravian provinces around the world.
- Likewise AIDS Ministry – assists communities in the developing world to respond to the HIV/AIDs crises.
- Mission Partnerships – partners with the mission endeavors of local churches and organizations.
- Moravian Disaster Response – offers aid and assistance to those suffering from natural disaster.
- New Work – empowers locally-driven church planting and development efforts in areas like Cuba, Peru, and Sierra Leone.
- Moravian Open Door – provides housing and supportive services to New York’s homeless, distressed, and underserved older population.
- Moravian Institutions and Ministries – consists of camps, commissions, homes for the aged, Moravian Archives, Moravian Music Foundation, Moravian Theological Seminary, and others.
Daily Bread Fund
- This fund provides grocery gift cards, help with utilities, and other modest short-term financial assistance to local individuals and families who approach the church for assistance.
- Focusing especially to serve children and families in the community, this annual Easter event provides a fun family outing including treats, crafts, special guests, and a massive egg hunt, while also sharing the story of Christ’s resurrection of that first Easter Sunday long ago.
- College Hill joins other Moravian churches in support of the Moravian outreach, Esperanza for Bethlehem, on the south side of Bethlehem.
- College Hill’s building offers space to many local groups and ministries that serve the community:
- Tax preparation assistance for seniors (AARP)
- Local polling location for Northampton County Board of Elections
- Bethlehem Palette Club
- Tai Chi group
- Lehigh Valley Chess Club
Nepali Moravian Outreach
- In partnership with Central and Edgeboro Moravian Churches, College Hill has an active relationship with the Moravian Church in Nepal. This church is very active and has begun operating an International Preschool, a school of music, and other ministries.
Northeast Moravian Disaster Response
- This group has brought together Moravian Christians from the Lehigh Valley and beyond by going on life-changing mission trips performing construction and repair in the Gulf Coast, the Midwest, and local neighborhoods in need.
PATH Baby Bank
- College Hill collects donations for the PATH program of the Visiting Nurses Association of St. Luke’s Hospital. The nurses help young mothers learn the skills needed to be good parents and monitor their babies health and developments for the first three years of their lives. Items that are collected for donation are new or gently used baby clothing, disposable diapers and wipes, and “Gerber Goodstart Formula (Gentle).”
Shopping Cart Ministry
- College Hill provides countless opportunities to donate non-perishable items and toiletries that are given to those in need in the community through Esperanza for Bethlehem.
Backpacks of Hope Ministry
- College Hill provides small backpacks of healthy snacks during the school year to students of the after-school tutoring program at Esperanza for Bethlehem.